Emmanuel Chanel's Links Collection
Reports and Sources
Open Public Access Catalogs
- The Japanese website of Amazon.com who sell books, magazines, and other various things.
- Google Scholar
- Google's search engine for scientific articles. Real researchers have many hits of their scientific essays.
- National Institute for Informatics
- It has CiNii Articles, a search engine for Japanese scientific articles and essays and CiNii Books, one for university libraries.
- Japan Science and Technology Agency's system to publish electric journals for free.
- National Diet Library
- It has National Diet Library Online and NDL Search, an OPAC of libraries in Japan.
- Books.or.jp [Search Books]
- The search engine of Japan Book Publishers Association.
- Japanese Dealers in Old Books
- The web shop of Japanese Association of Dealers in Old Books and of Tokyo Association of Dealers in Old Book.
- Bibliophil Home Page
- A personal website of a bibliophil. It has links collections including Old Books Information General Links.
- Numazu City Library
- When I want to show the collections of public libraries, I use its web opac's smart phone site since I can paste the search results as their permalinks.
- Library of Congress
- The library of US Congress. It has the biggest number of books.
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- weblio Dictionary
- The dictionary website where you can seek the words on the specialized dictionaries, Japanese dictionaries, and encyclopedias. I often use English-Japanese / Japanese-English Dictionary.
- goo Dictionary
- goo's web dictionary.It's English dictionary uses Shougakukan's English-Japanese dictionary edition based on Random House Dictionary of English Language
- Japanese web communities are anxious about anti-Japanese articles. But when we seek the info roughly, it's more or less convenient since it often shows the sources.
Search Engines and Directory Services
Yahoo! Japan /
Infoseek Japan /
Excite Japan /
- TinEye Reverse Image Search
- You can search the web by the images.